Yardman Wooden Raised Garden Bed
Gardeners like raised beds because:
Tending raised beds from the side stops soil compaction and it is easier if you want to use a 'no dig' system of cultivation because there is no need to walk on the soil.
- Not so much bending with higher Raised Beds.
- Raised beds can produce more per unit of area.
- Much easier weeding with raised beds.
- Raised beds can be placed on hard standing or paved areas.
- Raised beds can be moved relatively easily if need be.
Yardman Raised Beds are constructed from 45mm thick Scandinavian red pine. These substantal timbers are drilled, planed, the outer edge rounded and then pressure treated with non-toxic preservative. Yardman Raised Bed kits are supplied with galvanized M8 coach screws. If a deeper raised bed is required buy two or three and stack them. The soil will hold them in place or, alternatively, we can supply a set of stacking blocks that can be purchased separately - one stacking block kit for each extra level ie. two levels; one stacking kit, three levels two stacking kits.